Sierra Energy’s commercial-scale FastOx gasification demonstration facility is operational at Ft. Hunter Liggett in Monterey County, California. This facility provides Sierra Energy with the unique capability to demonstrate all core aspects of a high-temperature gasification system in a fully integrated facility from waste preparation and charging, through production of particulate and tar-free syngas.
The Ft. Hunter Liggett system allows Sierra Energy to test feedstocks and, through robust gas analysis and measuring equipment, generate operational data while demonstrating:
- Efficient conversion of MSW and a range of biomass feedstocks
- Robust gasifier operations including refractory durability and consistent slagging
- Excellent cold gas efficiency
- Syngas composition and volumes
- Complete tar removal
- Integration of Sierra’s gasifier with downstream processes
- Use as a training facility for system operators
Sierra Energy recognizes the value and importance to customers of showing a system in operation. The company is proud to work with the US Army and California Energy Commission to make this a reality.